BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Feb 18, 2008

Dreaming on Sunshine

Walking around campus today I noticed how today was just like any other day for the past few months. It is cold and cloudy. The air is dry and the path is slick with ice or water that has only too recently melted enough to make a slush underfoot. 'Oh God' I silently prayed, 'Long have we been in such a dark and damp winter. Oh that we could have some sunshine and warmth like the days of summertime.' My bones shiver beneath my flesh to generate some of their own heat as my coat did not seem to be doing its job efficiently enough. My legs became as mushy as the slush on the ground with each step toward my classroom. I could not wait to get inside the building so that I could stay warm and read my book, which is one of the Ender Series by Orson Scott Card. Fully numb from my ears to my toes it was a relief to finally walk in and close the doors behind me. Ah and the wonderful smell of the coffee shop downstairs was a temptation almost more than I could bare. Too bad I am trying so hard to watch my calories. I would have a latte every day if I could. But I am getting married next year and I don't want to be a blob in a white dress.

After the class was over, I rushed out of the room and opened my cell phone. I can never wait to hold a conversation with the Love of my Life, my Stephen. He is so good to me, he respects me and loves me for who I am, not expecting me to be something else for him. In my eyes, he is handsome. Now I realize that he does not have the look that will swoon just any woman, God made him specially attractive to me. One look in those gorgeous deep green eyes and I instantly belonged to him. Since then he has taken my heart and so delicately placed it next to his own. We have been engaged for over a year now, and have one more year before the big day. I waited my whole life for him, what is another year? Actually, it seems to be taking forever, but that is because I truly desire for the day to come that I will forever truly belong to him. Another thing too, we have not made love to each other, and will not do so until our wedding night. Now is that true devotion or what? What did I do to deserve such faithful undying love?

0 comments: